Thursday, October 29, 2015

I Know You're Feeling Like You've Got Nothing Left


My prayer list this morning is a long one.  It is loaded with friends that are just plain old hurting, and for good reason.  Being a parent is hard, and seeing your child hurting magnifies any emotion you have.  I have multiple friends with children in the hospital battling diseases, some physical and some mental. Others are battling the same kinds of diseases for themselves.  In most of these cases, my friends are helpless to solve the problem, as am I. But..I can pray and that is a powerful tool.

On occasion, I see people somewhere with their heads down and the words “sad” and “broken” and “beaten down” come to my mind.  Sometimes, they are standing waiting on the bus, sometimes they are children that I am tutoring, and sometimes it’s the homeless girl on the street in Columbus.  

I would bet if you looked around today, you would notice people like this too.  I have probably looked that way more than once in life, but by the grace of God, His spirit fills me and most days I look up, make eye contact with people, smile and try to show HIs love to people.  

I can give the homeless girl the leftovers from my meal and that might solve her problem for a little while.

I can encourage and try to make the child I am tutoring laugh and that might make him feel better for a little while.

I can make eye contact and smile at the person waiting on the bus, and that might make them smile for a little while.

I can listen and encourage my friends who are hurting, and that might relieve some of the heartache for a little while.

But God is the only thing that can fill those voids and heal those hurts.


I saw this Scripture and it made me think of these things this morning:

Lord, You know the hopes of the helpless.  Surely You will hear their cries and comfort them.  
Psalm 10:17


My goal for this week is to lift each person I see that looks sad, beaten down, and broken up to God and ask Him to comfort them.  I pray for my friends, but I don’t often think to pray for the strangers that I see that are hurting.  This week, I want to change that.

The words of TobyMac’s Move (Keep Walkin’) are running through my head..

I know your heart been broke again
I know your prayers ain’t been answered yet
I know you're feeling like you got nothing left
Well, lift your head, it ain't over yet.
So..Move.  Keep walkin’ Soldier keep movin’ on..




Lift your head, move, keep walking.  It isn’t over yet, but one day it will be. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment